Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My GPS shows a revolving hourglass when I turn it on to get

Customer Question

My GPS shows a revolving hourglass when I turn it on to get to an address for directions. Also when I go to last recently I get a blank white screen I am 80 and on the road and lost without my GPS - what can I do to get
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I understand that the situation is somewhat difficult. There may be a way to get through the difficulty though: Do you have a computer that can be hooked up to internet for about a half hour at some time? if so, you may be able to cure the problem in your Nuvi device, by the following use of Garmin Express: I think that running an update from a computer from the internet, might help unscramble the evidently scrambled software on your Garmin Nuvi device. And, when dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express. Go to http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.