Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My cd/ radio model # ***** suffix wa works on battery, but

Customer Question

my cd/ radio model # ***** suffix wa works on battery, but when I put the power cord on it doesn't play
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It's possible that a primary fuse blew, that only affects operation with the power cord. Take out the batteries. Turn Off the radio. Unplug it from the power, and wait 20 minutes before measuring. With the cord attached to the radio, firmly, but not to the power, measure across the prongs on the end of the cord, and measure the resistance across it when you turn the power switch to On. If not continuous that way, check for a fuse holder near where the cord plugs in to the device... the fuse there is probably blown out.