Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I have a DMR-XW450/350 DVD Recorder and a couple of times

Customer Question

Hi, I have a DMR-XW450/350 DVD Recorder and a couple of times it has not completed programmed recordings. The first time it stopped part way through and the second time it did not start although it did complete an earlier recording. Any ideas what could be the problem?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeAs the first step, can you please remove the power to the recorder by unplugging it from the wall socket then waiting 10 minutes.Then connect it back to the power, turn it on and tell me please if it is now functioning correctly.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did that after the first time, but not for ten minutes, and it worked well for a couple of days then failed again
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will try disconnecting it again but that will be later tonight because it is recording at the moment.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, please let me know the results
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I remembered last night that I had actually disconnected the unit after the first episode and removed the cover to check the unit for dust - it was pretty good but I dusted it anyway but failed again a few days later.
It seems to me that if you have no specific knowledge of this problem, with this unit, you might not be able to help me!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We were just watching a recorded program and the and the picture went black.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksWith it powered on, open the bottom flap at the front of the unit and hold the channel up and down buttons for 6 seconds then release.This will reset it. Once done, setup the unit again like when you first received it, it will be asking you to do this on the TV.Once setup, tell me how it now functions please.