Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have the same problem - Tucson CM84 installed in a 1987 Porsche

Customer Question

I have the same problem - Tucson CM84 installed in a 1987 Porsche 928 I just purchased & seems to operate fine, but LCD display on faceplate is dark (so I have to seek or guess for stations). Can you help? Replacement available? Thanks.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The backlight in the Tuscon CM84 can be either green or amber, though amber is more often mentioned. In yours, it would appear to have burned out - or perhaps, become disconnected? - but at any rate, it is defective. Having the Blaupunkt Tuscon repaired would be needed in that case. (I note that the original backlight for this is termed an OBC.)