Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a used xlmc100c/xlmc100m. when it arrived,, the door

Customer Question

I bought a used xlmc100c/xlmc100m. when it arrived,, the door would not close as the side seemed to be warped. I removed the two screws on the door opening side, corrected the warp and now the door will not open. any ideas? Jack Taggart
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Did you replace the screws you removed? Also, you would appear to have over-corrected. If you can get the door off at all without breaking it, I would advise you to re-correct it a bit less. Check, also, whether the frame around the door is out of true (with a carpenter's right-angle or similar instrument, or even just a piece of rectangular office paper in reasonable condition.) If the frame around the door is out of square, then no adjustment will be perfect, though one that allows the door to open and close with a little effort, might be OK.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is not at all helpful. how about some real help
Apologies. I think I should Opt Out in favor of another Expert. I have done so, opening the case for others here.