Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

The sound went out on my pan TC P60ST60. It just stopped;

Customer Question

the sound went out on my pan TC P60ST60. It just stopped; no warning. No of the connectors have been touched. I have unplugged replugged and checked to make sure everything was tight. What do I do
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Hello again DianaI can`t see this post as a duplicate but unless it is an incredible coincidence i sent your an answer on the other post you opened so here it is again ;As most people are connected with a cable bx or satellite receiver and as cable boxes (and satellite receivers)are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did that already
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
O.k then you never mentioned it so could you please tell me everything you tried so I wont have to go over these again ?
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
What is connected to this tv ?Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Did you try only the cable box or something else ?What did you see on the screen while the cable box was rebooting ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a sat dish and a surround sound
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
is the surround sound working ?Can you play its radio for example ?Is it only the tv sound you lost ?What did you see on the screen while the dish box was rebooting ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
surround sound works. I dont have a radio attached. I saw the direct tv icon floating around.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
How do you know the surround works ?
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Surround system usually have a built-in tuner , you don`t need to attach a radio
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When the tv is on I hear background sound from the surround sound
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
If you now the surround works and you rebooted the dish box then the dish box went defective , try another reboot and if still nothing then have it replaced
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
No problem , you`re welcome and let me know if something new comes up with that