Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My Roto Zip RZ 2000 Locking mechanism is not working. When

Customer Question

My Roto Zip RZ 2000 Locking mechanism is not working. When I apply pressure to a surface it will stop spinning. What should I do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Flick the locking mechanism several times (with the power Off.) If it remains non-responsive, it has probably broken in side in some fashion. The next question is, Would the Roto Zip still be within its manufacturer's warranty? If not, you can open the Roto Zip up, and see what has gone wrong inside. If it's something simple, it will be repairable, if not, you've spent a little time and not lost much by the sound of it.Taking pictures may help me figure out what's wrong, once it is opened up - will that be possible?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Russell I will open it up to see if it's worth spending the money to repair it
If you need any further guidance, let me know. (If it is within 1 year of original purchase date, mind, don't open it - it will be covered by warranty if the seals are not undone on the case, and you can get it fixed for free.)