John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My device is froze on the display screen and I can't get it

Customer Question

My device is froze on the display screen and I can't get it to do anything.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem. Which Garmin model number do you have?Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
nuvi
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
nuvi 1300
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Please try holding the power button in for one minute, then let me know if it restarts or not. Also, is the unit still in warranty? =====Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John=====
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The unit is not under warranty...by holding the power button in, it did shut off and came back on but still frozen screen.
So did your service help me? No..I still have the same problem as I started with.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
If you connect the GPS to your computer using its USB cable, does the computer detect it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The Garmin device has found the computer...but still froze on the Garmin screen.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
OK, what does happen if you try to update the GPS software from the computer? Have you tried that already? Thanks,John