Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an Alesis HD24 I bought used online. When I first powered

Customer Question

I have an Alesis HD24 I bought used online. When I first powered it up, it worked fine. @nd time powering up, and it won't spin up the hard drive. Same hard drive I used the first time. Not sure if it's a sign of a bad power supply, or if it is one of the older units that needs an upgrade on the HD controller. I believe they updated them to provide a little more power to spin up some drives.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Tom and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, if both HDs tested "...fine in...other HD24...", then proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• check for the presence and consistency of +12V and +5V - if low or missing, then most likely a power supply issue;• if the power supply checks good - then by process of elimination, the HD Interface would now be the prime suspect.