Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.

My home page is changed: I don't see picture home and favorites

Customer Question

my home page is changed: I don't see picture home and favorites , I can't find documents.
How I can return back my original layout of screen.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I reboot before several times, nothing change. What else?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
What happens if you hit the HOME button?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Are you still with me here?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all problem, I don't see home button.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
What do you normally see on your home page screen?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Right now or before
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, before.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
home button and favorite (star) in the bottom, and in upper I saw home, games, documents, books and etc.
Right now square and circle on bottom and library up.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will try to help you with this.- Can you go to menu / Settings, Device options, Personalize your kindle, Advanced options, Home screen, or something similar, and turn off / on / adjust the setting there?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.