Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Sentry Safe Signature Series Gun Safe, with an electronic

Customer Question

I have a Sentry Safe Signature Series Gun Safe, with an electronic lock system. I know you probably get this question all the time but...in the event of an EMP strike that fries most microcircuits, will I be able to open my safe, and if not, what do I need to do to work around the problem?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This is actually not a common question, but virtually all of the actual electronics are within the metal casing of the door and would be well shielded. If you are really worried about it, you could always keep the keypad dial covered with a few layers of foil, or even make up a metal cap/cover that could fit over it and hang on with magnets. Most models have a key slot as well, so as long as you have the key accessible, you should be able to override the system with the key too. Best regards,Nathan