John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

Dear Friend - I have had my Garmin years

Customer Question

Dear Friend -
I have had my Garmin for several years and regrettably have not updated it.... My real problem, however, is I cannot find the option that will enable me to identify the most direct route to a destination. For example, we just returned from a car trip to Willliamsburg, Va from here in central NJ.... Instead of keeping us on Rte 95 all the way it took us thru central Washington DC and Rte 301 that added 2 hours to our trip. On the return trip, I simply ignored the directions and once we got onto Interstate 95 - it did direct us home...
The number on the backside of the Garmin is###-##-#### ***** there are also other numbers - i.e.IC 1792A01787 and FCC ID IPH-01787
Your help is appreciated.
Mike LaRaus
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that.To be sure, is it seeming to take you the Scenic route instead?Also I see all the #'s you sent, all I need is the model, it should say it somewhere either on the outside of it or when you turn it on?ThanksTech Michael