John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Well i got this yamaha rx-v657 second hand came with its manual

Customer Question

well i got this yamaha rx-v657 second hand came with its manual but i cant get any sound out and the remote doesnt have any effect on the av, i dont know what im doing wrong it powers on fine but no sound at all
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my phone number is *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. If you plug headphones in, do you get sound out of them?
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me exactly what you see on the display screen of the yamaha?
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Note: I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the head phone jack is a big one
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Yes it is the 1/4" plug, you'd need to use the appropriate full size headphone plug or an adapter to test.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i dont have one at the moment but couldget one by the afternoon after church so we will chat then thanks for your response
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. If you can tell me exactly what you see on the yamaha display, that will help isolate this too. I want you to test the yamaha on tuner (fm radio) mode, when possible, both with speakers and on headphones.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Robert?