Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

Mr. Sunsa, My ER-4915 Cash register has a problem, can not open its cash drawer,

Customer Question

Hello....Mr. Sunsa,
My ER-4915 Cash register has a problem, can not open its cash drawer,
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
Hello Manik,Does the drawer try to open?Are you getting any error message?Does it just not recognize when you press the Cash button, or does it not open for a No Sale or when using any other method?Check that the drawer is not locked or obstructed, and let me know the above information so I may assist you further...Pete.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your response,
FYI non of the key response, when hit any of the button it just sounds a single beep tone, either No Sales or Cash button.and no any message.
The drawer is not locked I guess. FYI I can open it pushing a lock underneath the drawer. but need to hold up the whole register to do that every time.
So I need the technical solution.
Looking forward for your kind advice.
Thannk you once again,
Manik
04/08/16f
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
If no buttons are working, check that a clerk is logged on first.If a clerk is logged on, check for any stuck buttons that are preventing the other buttons from functioning.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks once again,
But still can not open it, please give a best solution......or do you think need a compleate reset of the register ? Looking forward for your best solution at your earliest.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
If a clerk is logged on and it still beeps and won't open then there may be a software fault and the next step would be to try a reset of the register.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2016.4.09 Sat 21:55pm
Thank you for your support, would you please help me to reset the register....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am still unable to open my drawer. Please support me to reset the register, hopefully it will help to open the drawer.
Thank you
2016.4.10
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please support me to open the drawer, could you please support for RESET the register please
2016.4.11m
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Please try this and let me know what happens. Key to P.Unplug the machine.Hold Down Subtotal.Plug it in.Wait for beep (about 2 seconds).Release Subtotal Button.Wait for the rec to print. If that does not work try this way: Key to SUnplug.Hold 00.Plug it in.Wait 5 sec.Release 00.Wait for 5 sec.Ram Clear Receipt should print. If this did not work please reply to me here and let me know before rating.If it did work please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Mr.Freddy,
Thank you so much for your help.
We have followed according to your instruction,
First---with "P key"
but still it did not work. The register displays only "Closed"
second--- there is no either "S key" or any sign for S Key on register.
Please give me another solution at your earliest.
Thank you for your kind support in advance.
Manik
Not with a P/S key but turn the key itself for the register to those letters from the key hole.