Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support

Mr. Sunsa, My ER-4915 Cash register has a problem, can not open its cash drawer,

Customer Question

Hello....Mr. Sunsa,
My ER-4915 Cash register has a problem, can not open its cash drawer,
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hello Manik,Does the drawer try to open?Are you getting any error message?Does it just not recognize when you press the Cash button, or does it not open for a No Sale or when using any other method?Check that the drawer is not locked or obstructed, and let me know the above information so I may assist you further...Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your response,
FYI non of the key response, when hit any of the button it just sounds a single beep tone, either No Sales or Cash button.and no any message.
The drawer is not locked I guess. FYI I can open it pushing a lock underneath the drawer. but need to hold up the whole register to do that every time.
So I need the technical solution.
Looking forward for your kind advice.
Thannk you once again,
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
If no buttons are working, check that a clerk is logged on first.If a clerk is logged on, check for any stuck buttons that are preventing the other buttons from functioning.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks once again,
But still can not open it, please give a best solution......or do you think need a compleate reset of the register ? Looking forward for your best solution at your earliest.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
If a clerk is logged on and it still beeps and won't open then there may be a software fault and the next step would be to try a reset of the register.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2016.4.09 Sat 21:55pm
Thank you for your support, would you please help me to reset the register....
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still unable to open my drawer. Please support me to reset the register, hopefully it will help to open the drawer.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please support me to open the drawer, could you please support for RESET the register please
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Please try this and let me know what happens. Key to P.Unplug the machine.Hold Down Subtotal.Plug it in.Wait for beep (about 2 seconds).Release Subtotal Button.Wait for the rec to print. If that does not work try this way: Key to SUnplug.Hold 00.Plug it in.Wait 5 sec.Release 00.Wait for 5 sec.Ram Clear Receipt should print. If this did not work please reply to me here and let me know before rating.If it did work please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Mr.Freddy,
Thank you so much for your help.
We have followed according to your instruction,
First---with "P key"
but still it did not work. The register displays only "Closed"
second--- there is no either "S key" or any sign for S Key on register.
Please give me another solution at your earliest.
Thank you for your kind support in advance.
Not with a P/S key but turn the key itself for the register to those letters from the key hole.