Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Ok i have the same problem JACUSTOMER-iesp764n had 1 yr

Customer Question

ok i have the same problem JACUSTOMER-iesp764n had 1 yr ago and i think u may have fixed it for him, i have tried to reset my vsx 1026 k reciever,, it dosent work,, no sound! and i have an error code ue33, can you help fix this
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Did you try to update the firmware recently and it failed ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Could you double check your model number as well ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
never mind the last question
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i down loaded the firmware Russ provide JACUSTOMER-iesp764n on to a thumb drive but i can't or don't knw how to unzip it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have double check the model!!
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
O.k but you did not attempt any firmware upgrade yet ?This UE33 popped by itself ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes UE33 is flashing all the time
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes but i am NOT connected to the net with that reciever,, so it would up ..Right?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
and yes it popped up by its self,,, i didnt put it there,,, lol
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i thought Jack was the expert??
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Jack has opted out of the question. Do you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
YES!!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello?????
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you helping me hear or what
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Yes, but please reply only once and give me a chance to respond. Sending multiple messages pushes you down the queue and delays the process further.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok,, sorry
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately, this error almost always means an internal failure, which is usually corrupted firmware. There are a few things we can attempt, but it may not be possible to fix this issue yourself, and service would ultimately be required. What is the current firmware version you have (if you know it) and what file do you have?I can't see whatever question you were looking at of another customers.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
current software version i have is( this is what i copied of my reciever
1-151-081-111-***
that exactly what it says
not sure i know what you mean by what file do you have.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Can you send me the link to whatever question you were looking at, the one where you got the download from?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i can try>>
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=37515
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Okay thank you. First of all, that is NOT a legitimate support site.In fact, there is no publically available update for this model. Pioneer did not provide any update support for this model to the end user, primarily because it won't typically resolve this issue, and often does more harm than good when you try. I cannot attest the quality of that file. It may work, it may not. It may not be the right version, and there is really no possible way to tell other than trying it.If you want to try, and understand you are doing so at your own risk, you need to take that file and unzip (decompress) it using a program like winzip, 7zip, etc. Take the extracted .mem file, and copy that to the root directory of a blank/empty usb memory stick. Unplug power to the pioneer, insert the stick on the front usb port, and plug in and power up. Let the firmware attempt to load. If it does not load, or does not help, then there is unfortunately nothing else to be done at this point.This would then indicate that there is actually internal damage to the receiver, which would need to be repaired/replaced.That is not something you can correct yourself, and a local shop can't fix either. It would have to go in to Pioneer factory service where they can reflash the firmware, or change out the main board if needed. So it can be fixed, but it is a matter of cost. At 6+ years old you are well past the warranty period, and neither fix is cheap. Figure $100 for 2 way shipping, and another $150 for flashing the firmware, if that will fix it; if the main board needs to be changed out it would be around $350. While repairs are an option, it may actually make more sense to replace it than to invest in repairs, as you'd at least be updating to a new model and a fresh warranty in the process. You can get a comparable brand new unit for under $400 Depending what route you want to go, I can help you get in touch with factory service or recommend replacement options for you. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Were you able to get the file decompressed to the drive? I can help you do this remotely, if needed.