Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a kindle paper white and i love it. I have had it for

Customer Question

I have a kindle paper white and i love it. I have had it for a few years and it is having difficulty holding a charge. The last charge lasted 1 day. When it tells me it needs charging the picture of the battery is laying on its side with a big exclamation point inside of it. Do i need a new battery or a new kindle. It seems to me it should last longer than a couple of years. I also have a kindle from many years ago and there is no probs with that one. Why has my paper white given up already
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Sandra. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps, up to and including the replacement of the battery. The batteries on these do wear out with normal age and use, and lasting a few years is typical.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Sandra?