Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I own a gas station, this morning when i went to close out

Customer Question

Hi i own a gas station, this morning when i went to close out , my casio ce-6000 stopped printing 3/4 of the way through the close out and froze up. i got it unfrozen using my manual and it finished printing . when i went to enter my starting till any button i touch throws a e008 code. i have never had to enter a clerk# ***** the 12 years ive had it and when i try to entwer the way my manual says nothing happens. the sales man that i purchased it from has passed away several years ago and HELP
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I am looking up that error code...
The signed-on clerk must be signed-off first. That's more or less what error e008 means. You can't sign on two clerks at once. The receipt should identify the signed-on clerk. Or, try remembering who you signed on as, or what clerk # ***** signed on as, earlier.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i never had to sign on before but it has always been clerk1
Then presumably you are somehow signed on, or the machine thinks so... as clerk 1 ?Can you do anything that would be feasible as signed-in clerk1 ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
according to my manual, when i turn my key to off, it should automatically cancel the previous clerk, and then when i turn the key back on it wont let me hit any button with out throughing the e008 code, wont let me even enter a new clerk, the manual says that if it was programed touse secret #sfor clerk then the clerkbuttons r not functioal, i cant call because im not at work where the register is
*Was* it programmed to use secret #s for clerks? Would you consider a reset and reprogram of the register? Was the register plugged into a surge protector or other power filter?And, is it now turned Off? if so, it might possibly be better in the morning.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
to answer yor question , any button i hit throws the e008 code
Have you tried a minor reset or clear, using the key?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I only assume that it has secet #s as i have never had to enter a clerk# ***** the 12 years ive had it. the only reset button i can find is in the off postion now with the register also off , i will try in the morning to see if it has any good effect, i have tryed to buy a new reg as this tracks both gallons and money, and two old timers say they remember those days but there is nothing of this animal made without going to a costly pos machine
Before resetting it, or going to a costly new machine, try just pressing the buttons next to the key. Those are the 'secret clerk' buttons, and if that's how it is programmed, one of them will log you in (if you give a few seconds between each button for the machine to show its reaction.)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i dont believe there r any buttons next to the mode key am i missing something or do mean a different set of buttons
Just buttons. Under the key or next to the key-lock. Look for them... if they aren't there, no matter. Good luck with it tomorrow morning.