Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Teac A-3440 which has been in storage. Everything

Customer Question

I have a Teac A-3440 which has been in storage. Everything works except playback. I have been able to it going briefly, but it always slows down gradually then stops.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That sounds to me as if either the drive bands were in poor shape and couldn't support the force needed to move the reels... or more likely (given that it is not a small tape player device, and probably is not driven by rubber bands but rather by gears) the motor is defective. The motor that drives the reels, specifically. Do you need advice as to where to get it repaired? if so, let me know your locality by zip code or town/city and state.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, no i don't know of a local repair shop..
Then let me look one up for you. What is your local zip code, please? or town/city and state.