Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

There.i install a pioneer avh x8750bt in to a nissan elgrand

Customer Question

hi there.i install a pioneer avh x8750bt in to a nissan elgrand from the japanese domestic market.the car has got a video screen but it is in ntc and the new stereo is in pal.even that i can see that the new unit has the option to chance this i can't seem to be able to make it play .it plays /repeats but in black and white and the screen is fuzzy.can you help please?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
Hi there
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi there pete were is the answer?i already ask the question
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
A fuzzy black and white image may be caused by a bad cable connection if you have correctly set up the new stereo.Check all connections and let me know if there is any improvement?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi there Pete the guy who install the stereo told me that the new stereo is set on pal as a default from pioneer were the cars screen (the car comes from the Japanese domestic market equipped with everything)but everything is in NTC.he told me it is a mater of finding how to set up the new head unit in order to have both screens working at the same time.he told me also that only kenwood does automatic. Think he was full of shit.so looking in the settings of the new head unit pioneer gives the option to change from pal to anything but at the moment and because I done a factory reset the factory screen doesn't play at all and I have lost my steering wheel controls as well.is there anything you can do to help Pete I gave you as much detail as I could.take you time as i need to leave for work .kind regards ***** ***** chris
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris,Unfortunately I cannot find anything that suggests these two units are compatible.Pete.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi there pete.i have seen them work similtaneously with pioneer double din head units.also the installer demonstrated to me both screens working but the nissan s screen was in black and white and a touch fuzzy.he reqons that the problem is between the 2 video signals and we need to set the unit as such.now as i did say previously the unit has provisions to change the video signal however there is a setting that even it is there i can't highlighted in order to engage.any thoughts??let me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pete .i do have one more to ask you.the installer used some sort of module and hooked up the cars audio steering controls .however i was f**king around trying to fix the other problem i did a reset on the unit and now i don't have the controls on the steering any more how do i bring them back??
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
You can set the video format for the av input. To do that, please do the following.
Press the HOME button to display
the Top menu screen.
2 Touch the following keys in the
following order.
The “Video Setup” screen appears.
3 Touch [Video Signal Setting].
4 Touch [TV].
The pop-up menu appears.
5 Touch the item you want to set.
Auto (default):
Adjusts the video signal setting
automatically.
PAL:
Sets the video signal to PAL.
NTSC:
Sets the video signal to NTSC.
PAL-M:
Sets the video signal to PAL-M.
PAL-N:
Sets the video signal to PAL-N.
SECAM:
Sets the video signal to SECAM.