Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I am having an isssue with an lgl sunrise, it is stuck

Customer Question

hello i am having an isssue with an lgl sunrise, it is stuck on the initial screen and it says security error
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone and see if it now starts correctly. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Richard i tried following the steps you provided for me with no luck. I read online that you can fix this error by downloading the LG mobile support app which i already did, however, the app does not have the specific driver for my phone so it does not detect it when i plug it in to my laptop. Reply to me when you can.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is an LGL15G Sunrise.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have been busy with work so thats why i have not been able to answer.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ThanksThe toolkit will not work as in this start the phone cannot be communicated with.We will need to try to reset itIn order to switch off the cell phone, hold down the Power key for a short while.In the next step press and hold the Volume Down and Power button together for a couple of seconds.When the LG logo is displayed, let go of the Power key, keep pressing the Volume Down and then press once more the Power button.You should release all buttons when the Factory Mode appears on the screen.Confirm process by choosing yes to reset it using Volume rockers to navigate and Power button to confirm.Once complete, tell me if it is then working please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried the steps you gave me with no luck. The phone just keeps giving the lg security error screen over and over.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks It is the internal memory that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to reset. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you