Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a Harmony 900. I would like to add a Roku 1. I cannot

Customer Question

I have a Harmony 900. I would like to add a Roku 1. I cannot find a setup under add a device or add activity. Will the 900 setup for the Roku?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Yes, all Harmony remotes are set up for any Roku. Your particular remote can control up to 15 devices. As long as you haven't filled them up, you can add Roku. When you choose your remote in the software, choose devices. Then go to add device. That will give you the option to enter ROKU as the brand, and 1 as the model number.

Since the Harmony 900 has RF compatibility, it will work with the RF commands for Roku.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Under "add a device" I have a drop down with Tv, amplifier, cable/sat box, video recorder, dvd, music player, game console, mini system, computer, home automation, more Denice types. None offer "Riku" under any of the sub-drop downs.
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like you have older software. Roku is hidden under either amplifier, or game console, I cannot remember which... The new software works better, and it will keep your profile. It will just ask you for the device and model number, no drop down menus. Click here. Let me know if you have any luck with the new software, they made it a lot easier to navigate.

I've been helping people with these for about 5 years, and the software is constantly changing. I do recall having to set mine up the way you are attempting, but the software made it simple.