Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Kindle Reader Model D00801 says 'Critical Battery'. Where do

Customer Question

Kindle Reader Model D00801 says 'Critical Battery'. Where do I find replacement and how do I find out what battery I need?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot.
Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

IF that does not work, then reply back and I will find you the battery for this model.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?