Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I am 47 and have used and been a pioneer customer 30 years.

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** am 47 and have used and been a pioneer customer for over 30 years. I have a pioneer DEH-X9500BHS receiver. I can play my ipod with the cable, I can stream music via Bluetooth with my iPhone 5s from my iTunes or Pandora or my navigation. While I can dial out and the head unit reflects when I have a call ion progress I cannot use the phone as the call does not play through the car speakers . Any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Did I miss your recommendation? I don't see a response to my question.

So to make things clear, you can't hear the person on the other end through your speakers when you dial out? what about when the call comes in?

Please let me know what works or doesn't work when it comes about the calls themselves...... coming in as much as dialing out.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you. USB iPod plays fine. Radio plays fine. Bluetooth iPhone plays fine as does Bluetooth navigation and Bluetooth Pandora. No phone service works. The unit looks to be dialing out or receiving a call with caller number and id displayed but absolutely no voice through the speakers. If I switch to the phone during the connection I can hear fine on the phone handset but it will not play the caller voice through the speakers. The caller can hear me talking but I have no audio whatsoever

What I would suggest doing is unpairing the devices completely, then starting the pairing from the beginning. There are two bluetooth pairings that take place - one is for the high quality audio used for just listening, and the other is the phone pairing. They are two separate pairing profiles, so they don't both happen at the same time by default. If you only have one of them completed, it may be difficult to do the other without re-pairing the device completely.