AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Experience:  FCC License w/Radar Endorsement, 5 yrs of experience teaching aviation electronics, 20yrs total exp

My kindle has a frozen screen image & doesnt reset

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  AnswermanRob replied 7 months ago.

What have you done to reset it so far?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Charged the device & Power buttons reset.

Try this method, plug it into the charger for 30 minutes. After that and without disconnecting the power at any time, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. If it still doesn't reset, let me know the approximate purchase date of the Kindle and if it had not been used for an extended period of time.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The jindle did not reset. It is 3-5 years old & has been been unused for an extended time.

Oh...the batteries usually last 2-3 years. If you leave the battery uncharged, that also will cause a failure. You can replace it, but you can buy a new one for almost the same amount. You could also read any books you have or will purchase on any tablet, computer, smartphone, or any of a number of devices. Let me know if you want additional information about that. If you're looking for a battery for this Kindle, it can be found here.