Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Clock set up. Unit is not responding to command by remote on

Customer Question

Clock set up. Unit is not responding to command by remote on to move from Right arrow is not moving to the right from Options to Language,then Clock Set, Arrow will move up and down, but not to the the right, nor does the it respond the the on/off power button.
Unit does respond to the play, record and stop button the remote.
There are new batteries in the remote.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , yet another tech.
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
I would also require the tv`s full model number off the back cover please ?

specifically the prefix letters after the model number , it would look like UH.AUSWLJM , UG.AUMWLJM etc.

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Sorry about that this reply above does not belong here obviously , I will repost your question

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.

Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi Marlene and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, there is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) particularly the "...Right arrow...on/off power button..." on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote (most likely) faulty.

On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself (least likely).