Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Installing a CAA6.6 as a replacement yr old unit. Had to

Customer Question

Installing a CAA6.6 as a replacement for 15 yr old unit. Had to replace the controller and 5 keypads. Just finished wiring everything, but none of the keypads appear to be getting any power. Also, the 12v out isn't triggering the other devices (tuner & cd player) although the triggering unit has power as the airport express that is plugged into it has power.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

How are the keypads connected? check each connection.

Are the keypads from the old (15 yrs. old) unit? or do they belong with the new one?

If they did not come with the new one period, then they may well not be compatible at all... or they may have blown out the interface circuitry in the new one (I hope not.)