Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Can the lighted cover Kindle 3 (keyboard) be repaired? It

Customer Question

Can the lighted cover for the Kindle 3 (keyboard) be repaired? It doesn't light with any Kindle 3.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi Paul and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and normally yes. However, the service fees/man-hour cost may not make the repairs economically reasonable.

...or are you considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

If yes, please post back with clear pictures of the inside circuitry of the lighted cover.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have access to those tools, and experience with them. However, to gain access to the circuity would require destroying the cover. It is all stitched together. Even if fixed, it would cost to have a cobbler re-assemble it.I hope I am not charged more than $8 for this.Thanks.
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

And as my participation is strictly limited to technical & installation issues, please contact Customer Support for any payments & billing concerns; http://ww2.justanswer.com/help or call 1.***-***-****