JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.

My Garmin Approach SI (FC CAN 310 Ser. No. 2QR012201) has

Customer Question

My Garmin Approach SI (FC CAN 310 Ser. No. 2QR012201) has worked faithfully for years and I have updated the software, but now it will not hold a charge long enough for 18 holes. Can the battery be replaced or has by favorite golf tool reached the end of its life? Please advise. thanks Rick
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 7 months ago.

Hello and good afternoon to you.

Yes, it seems like the battery has reached the end of its life cycle. Yes, the battery can be replaced, so you do not have to throw your Garmin S1 to the curb just yet. Please note though that replacing the battery is very difficult and will need special tools. You can get a new replacement battery on Amazon for $23.00 + $4.49 shipping. This merchant also offers to replace the battery for you. Read all the bullet points for more information.

If you or someone else you know can replace the battery, then you can get it on eBay for $7.95 + $2.95 shipping.

Hello Rick.

I am just checking to see if you were able to get the battery issue sorted out..

Please click 3 to 5 stars located at the top or bottom of the page to give me a positive rating so that I can get paid for assisting you.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.