Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Panasonic lounger chair EP 1015. It is stuck in

Customer Question

Hi I have a Panasonic lounger chair EP 1015. It is stuck in full recline. Buttons on remote do not work to have chair return to sitting position. Besides sending a repair man to house...what could be wrong with it. I unplugged it..replugged it etc
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the only easy doable attempt would be to first gently apply pressure on the headrest and the legrest areas. While pressure is still applied, then try again returning the Panasonic to regular sitting position. This is to address the likelihood that the current full recline position is inadvertently causing a "lock" condition hence the motor could not initiate turning.

All others would be internal and would require referencing the repair/Service Manual.