Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a new Garmin 1000. I can't get the 1000 to accept two

Customer Question

I have a new Garmin 1000. I can't get the 1000 to accept two similar courses (one longer than other) downloaded from RIDEWITH GPS. Is there some sort of course limit? I only have four loaded.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Tom,

the number of courses you can add is only limited by the amount of available memory space.

Check how much space is left on the device by connecting it to your computer and looking in the Garmin directory on it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pete: No.There is a fairly lengthy string of comments on the Garmin community website about this problem. Yes, I realizer that GARMIN SAYS you can have as many as 1000 courses. The problem is that courses that seem to be somewhat similar (e.g. same starting point, but one 50 miles and another 30) will not both load on the Garmin 1000. The newer always overwrites the older. So, thanks, ***** ***** told me what I already knew.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

If the system behaves differently then it has a software glitch.

There won't be any way around this until Garmin release a software update, if they haven't already done so.