tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Experience:  Technician
62741268

I am going to spend a month in Africa in May. I have a Nikon

Customer Question

I am going to spend a month in Africa in May. I have a Nikon S9600 without WiFi. I would really like to transfer photos at night to a device - just so I have a backup. I have a Samsung tablet and phone. WI First will be scarce. Help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure what to do now.
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.You can use the cameras built in wifi.

Connecting the compatible camera to the smart device

1. Enable the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi. Newer models will have an external Wi-Fi button, on older models, select Wi-Fi in the setup menu.

2. Go to the smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings and select the camera in the list of networks displayed by the smart device. It will begin with Nikon, followed by a string of letters and numbers. For Android smartphones, once you initially make this network connection, your device will automatically connect when you enbale the camera's Wi-Fi. For iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® users, you'll have to perform this step each time you wish to use the wireless feature of your Nikon camera with your smartphone.

3. Launch the Wireless Mobile Utility app on the smart device.

Connecting a compatible Android™ smartphone and NFC compatible Nikon camera:

For folks using an Android smartphone, version 4.0 or higher, and a Nikon camera that features NFC compatibility, you can also use the NFC or Near Field Communication feature to connect to your Nikon camera to your smartphone and open the app.

To do so, simply place the camera’s N mark next to the Android smartphone and the two devices will connect, launching the Wireless Mobile Utility app. Now you can view or take photos.

Nikon digital cameras such as the D5300 DSLR with built-in Wi-Fi easily allow you to connect your camera to a compatible smart device. The Wi-Fi settings can be found in the Setup menu.

Navigate to the Wi-Fi settings in the setup menu and select Enable to turn on the Wi-Fi in the camera.

Once you have selected Enable to turn the Wi-Fi connection on, you'll see the Network Connection is ON.

Once the Network connection is ON, you will see the Wi-Fi icon in the lower right section of the screen blinking as it establishes the connection with the smart device. Once connected the icon will stop blinking.

Connecting the camera's built-in Wi-Fi to your smart device is simple. It is automatic with an Android™-powered smart device.

Now that the connection has been established between the camera and smart device you can use the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app to view images on the camera or take photos using the smart device as a remote.

With the connection established between the camera and smart device, you can choose to view photos that are on the memory card of the camera, on the smart device's camera roll or the latest downloads from the camera to the smart device.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!