Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!

Re: Bose Lifestyle 12 series 1 (AM9P sub). I need to replace

Customer Question

Re: Bose Lifestyle 12 series 1 (AM9P sub). I need to replace the 3.5mm jack on the cord that plugs into the CD player, the other end plugs into the am9p via a din connection. The rca at the same end as the 3.5 have not been changed - I need to know when looking at the pins on the din connector (I know how to identify which wire is connected to which pin with a multimeter) but I don't know which part of the 3.5mm jack each of the remaining wires connects to?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

How many pins on that particular DIN plug? 5, 8 or 13?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Only because expert is now offline and I'm not sure when he will be back online and see my answer to his question
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. Here is the pinout for the 8 pin DIN plug. That would be looking at the male plug, not the female receptacle.

In this image the "MIC" represents the 3.5mm stereo plug.

Please be sure to rate the service you received today and have a great weekend.