Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I mistakenly removed my list of addresses from my garment

Customer Question

I mistakenly removed my list of addresses from my garment model no nuvi 1490T. Is there a way to restore the list without redoing each name?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you had made a backup of your favorites, using the procedure below, then you may be able to get your favorites back. If you had not used the procedure and did a Master Reset (where you had to clear the user data) or the battery has gone bad and had to be replaced, you will have lost the addresses.

Back Procedure
--------------
You can back up your favorites with MapSource. In order to use MapSource you must have access to the maps loaded to you device.
You must have a DVD or download of the maps currently on your device in order to download the MapSource program.
Here are the steps for downloading MapSource:
Make sure to use the newest version of MapSource. The file can be downloaded by clicking on the link below: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209
Connect the device to a direct USB 2.0 port on the PC using the USB cable.
In MapSource, from the Main Menu click Transfer.
Click Receive from Device.
In the pop-up window, confirm that Waypoints is checked.
Click Receive.
From the Main Menu, click File then Save.
Choose a location on your PC to save this file and name it.
Click Save.
Once transferred, you can check to see the waypoints in MapSource by clicking the Waypoints Tab.
--------------

But you have to of made a backup like this else they are lost sorry. I would advise you do this backup in the future.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I didn't backup my addresses. Thanks again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

I would advise to do so moving forward with the instructions I gave to avoid this happening again Eleanor

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you