Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.

How do I knoe my update is working when there's nothing to

Customer Question

How do I knoe my update is working when there's nothing to indicate that it is?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. As long as your Kindle is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name (go to menu / settings -> Wi-Fi / Wireless option on kindle), then it should already be updated. To check, please click on the Amazon website below:

, then there, select your kindle model, and follow the instructions there to check if your kindle has the latest update version

; if no, then follow the instructions there in order to update your kindle

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

If there is issue with trying my previous suggestion, please do the following steps:

1. From Home / main screen, tap the Menu (3-bar / 3-dot) icon at the top, and then tap Settings.
  2. From Settings, tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Device Info.
  3. There, you will see your Firmware Version and Serial Number (scroll down as needed.)

Then please type your kindle version and serial number at the box below on this web page, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can check if your kindle needs an update or not.

If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,