John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Do I have to do anything to update my Kindle to continue

Customer Question

Do I have to do anything to update my Kindle to continue receiving support after tomorrow, March 22nd. One of the local TV stations in Washington, DC has said
that if certain updates are not downloaded, I will no longer be able to down load new
books after tomorrow.
Ed ****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Ed, which model Kindle do you have? If you are not sure, look on the back for a model number in very small print, likely starting with a "D".

Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am unable to locate a model number on the back of the Kindle White. It was purchased on May 19, 2014
from a local Best Buy store. Does this help?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, we can try and figure it out. I assume that this is a Kindle with an "E-Ink" screen i.e. Black and White. In other words, it is not a Kindle Fire with a color screen??

Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Ed, I'm trying to accept your phone call offer but apparently there is a payment issue. That is unfortunately, out of my hands. I'll try again in a few minutes.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Ed, I'm sorry. Has someone from Just Answer billing contacted you yet?