Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Please provide more details as I don't know what a Rittenhouse means?
2) Is the entire home without power or only 1 circuit?
3) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to confirm voltages?
Thanks for the replies.
1) I looked up Rittenhouse Emerson on the web and it appears they manufacturer many products. What specific product are you having problems with?
2) You mention a breaker does not re-trip. I assume the breaker is either a 15 or 20 amp single pole breaker, is that correct?
3) Please confirm, the problem is only on one circuit?
4) Is the circuit breaker an AFCI type that has a test button?
5) Do you also have wall receptacles that are dead?
Thank you for the replies.
1) Since lightning occurred, most likely the master unit electronics have been permanently damaged due to the excessive voltage.
I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board to allow other experts to reply to the question. I do not have a background in the Emerson intercom systems, but I would think that a replacement master unit will cost around $400 to $500 plus installation/labor costs. Another option is to locate an electronics repair store and they should be able to bench test the unit and perhaps a repair may come in cheaper rather than purchasing a replacement unit.
No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question..........Thanks...........Kevin
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest opening the unit and looking for a glass fuse. Replace it. Should the unit not work with the replacement, chances are the transformer is defective due to the lightning strike. Any radio repair shop can replace the transformer.