Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant

I have a kindle fire 6. A milk shake was spilt on it in my

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire 6. A milk shake was spilt on it in my purse where it sat for awhile. I put it in rice and it didn't help. Problem is left side of keyboard won't work. Can't change from letters to numbers. "a" comes out "ss" Drop downs won't drop. I use excel for checkbook, budgets and word for docs. Need to be able to use numbers. Is it possible to put those documents in the cloud so I can get a new Kindle and retrieve them. Also my calendar needs to transfer. Please help. I'm desparate to not lose these important records.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My screen went dark with a reboot message but it wouldn't reboot. Miraculously, my kindle just came on and the numbers and drowns are all working. Yay. Now my only question my documents be put in the cloud so I'll have a backup.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My question has changed since I first made my request. I can see a cloudiness through the screen in one area of the of the screen. And a notification message keeps popping up at the top of the screen as obscuring the view. (It looks like a volume adjustment for notifications.) Other than that, my kindle seems to be working now, although a little slower. I can access #'s on the keyboard now and dropdowns seem to be working. I don't know if it will continue to work and I'm looking for a way to save my docs, spreadsheets, and calendar to a cloud site in case the unit stops working again and I can't retrieve my work. Since I first wrote, I've been looking into could sites online. I installed both One Drive and Dropbox based on recommendations. That is where I am in trying to solve my problem.
Those documents and your calendar should already be synchronized to the cloud. If you get a replacement Kindle, as long as you use the same Amazon account when setting it up, it should synchronize automatically with the precious information.