Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry

My Kindle is locked into a mode in which it only orally

Customer Question

My Kindle is locked into a mode in which it only orally tells me I am pushing a button. For example if i Push unlock button it repeats "unlock button" if i push home it repeats home button. everything repeats the name of the button Can you tell me how to get out of theis mode
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Lets try resetting your kindle; follow the steps below:

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.Please remove the usb cable also.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 25 seconds.