Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

Suddenly I cannot access my kindle. Says to connect to

Customer Question

Suddenly I cannot access my kindle. Says to connect to wireless which we have but still am not able to. Every game I have been playing says the license has expired but there is no information how to correct this.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot.

Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried rebooting last night and no improvement. I charged overnight and am doing the reboot process again. I get the same message abt the license being expired so I will try the reboot again.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply, and if you're having the same problem can you please tell me which model Kindle you have and also how long you've owned it for?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've had it for 2 or 3 years. No clue what the model number is.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. For this problem, turn on the Wi Fi on the Kindle and then perform a "Sync".

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Inevitably had a problem ntil
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, but you're reply is cut off- can you please repost?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I never had a problem until this happened and at the same time I could not access wifi. It's our wifi!
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me try again. Shut OFF the WiFi on the Kindle- then turn it BACK ON. Then 'SYNC" the Kindle. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've done everything you suggested. I think it's beyond your expertise. I found someone locally who will look at it Monday and won't charge me unless they can get it working again and they only charge $20 an hour. Ish Ai had known about them earlier.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there Connie and welcome

Different expert here. Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know.