Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My vivoactive watch will not sync with my iPhone. phone will

Customer Question

my vivoactive watch will not sync with my iPhone. phone will not pair with the watch. what should I do next?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, make sure that both devices are in Pairing mode. (With Bluetooth connections, first you pair, then you connect, usually.)

Then, make sure that WiFi is enabled on *both* devices.

And, that in the Network Settings (or equivalent on the iPhone) your main high-speed data carrier is shut Off. The 2G/3G/4G facility, in other words, should be shut Off.

Unless you are trying to pair by Bluetooth, of course... in which case the WiFi, and the 2G/3G/4G, should be both shut Off, and make sure the Bluetooth is Enabled on both devices, and make sure that the Bluetooth 'pair' or 'pairing' facility is turned On and/or Enabled.

Then, if they still don't work, try connecting or pairing in the other direction, from the other device to the one device, rather than the one device to the other. (Where does the error message appear?)

How old is the Vivoactive? how old is the iPhone, please? And please let me know what the error message is. Thanks.