Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My boyfriend just bought a Sony rx100 iv so he can record s

Customer Question

My boyfriend just bought a Sony rx100 iv so he can record his golf swing and make adjustments to it. However, he's diving straight into 960 fps and is disappointed that things aren't looking right. I'm a few states away and can't help without being able to mess around with the camera myself.
What he wants to do is record the swing, then play it back super slow and be able to step through frame by frame without any blurry clubs (which I think he can do at 480).
Can you tell me specifically which settings on his camera he has to have set to what? What is the best way to play back the recording so he can step through it? Is this all easily doable with PlayMemories or should he get additional software?
Thanks!!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that if the high-speed frames came out blurry, you might have to increase the ISO Speed setting a bit. High-speed frames need a high ISO Speed.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Otherwise, if your software already plays back frame-by-frame, it's all that's needed.

And, other settings (aperture and shutter speed) they should be set for a good picture, by and large. If the picture is blurry now, or each frame is blurry now, you need to set the ISO slightly faster, and make sure the other two settings are adequate for aperture and shutter speed.