Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Garmin rino 650 handheld. The unit after I finish

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a Garmin rino 650 handheld.
The unit after I finish talking will send through a squelch and beep sound to the other radio every time.
I have tried everything I can in settings and also updated software online.
I have taken it back to johnny Appleseed and they could not work it out or resolve it.
They suggested sending it back and paying a fee to get another unit.
The unit is now years old and has been doing this from day 1.
Did not realise this until a friend bought the same unit and his one does not do this.
What can I do to fix this annoying issue.
Thanks,
Theo
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi Theo and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to consider/try a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.