Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Just got my Victoria III tunewriter; works great except for,

Customer Question

hello; just got my Victoria III tunewriter; works great except for, on the record player, the lift handle won't lift, so needle won't go down onto the record. seems locked and makes a scratchy noise. what can be done, thank you
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model #GDI-TW3USB/GDI-TW3USBK/GDI-TW3USBE according to the book that came with the item
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

The turtable arm should only be lifted by the liftarm around half way up the arm. Make sure it is not clipped into place where it rests on the player. It should move freely, but you have to be very gentle with it. Also, make sure there is a stylus installed in the end of the arm and that it is not covered with packing material that would be there during initial shipment to protect it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael; did what you said, but lift handle flops back and forth, seems like it is not connected to anything. tone arm not allowed to move or drop down onto record. it dropped down and worked good on the first album, but quit when second album was put into place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
appreciate the help but I will see what I can do with it, thank you

Ok. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience.