Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

DVD player in my Proscan TV/DVD combo quit working. Shows

Customer Question

DVD player in my Proscan TV/DVD combo quit working. Shows that a DVD is loading but will not read. Have tried numerous DVDs and even a DVD cleaner.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It will take the disc, says loading and then says no disc.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I don't believe so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the TV Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the player (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual player, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It did not work. I am headed to work and will try again this afternoon.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, can you unplug it from the wall

Then hold the Eject button and with it held, plug in the power and tell me if it then ejects please.

If not, turn it upside down and then repeat.

Let me know the results when you do this please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It does not eject standing upright or upside down holding down the eject button when the power is plugged back in.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal motor or mainboard that has faulted. It would have ejected after doing this otherwise.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this repaired. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't understand what ejecting the disc has to do with the non ability of reading the disc. The disc ejects perfectly with the TV plugged in. I did use a cleaning disc and it came out with scratches on one side of it.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It tells me which functions are still working.