John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Panasonic FZ50 which has given me very good service

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic FZ50 which has given me very good service for many years. I have noticed recently a problem when I copy photos to make copies for me. The camera gives me very good images but they are squashed/stretched horizontally about 5%. I can correct them with software, but am wondering if there is something wrong with the camera or CCD sensor.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell A. replied 9 months ago.

To which aspect ratio is the camera set?

When you "copy photos to make copies" are you talking about prints or just displaying them on a computer or TV screen?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The aspect ration is 4:3 and I am copying photos from a computer screen in order to process them. The camera used to do this with no problem, but now it stretches the photos about 5% at the sensor - the view in the viewfinder/LCD is normal, so it appears to be something off in the recording of the image on the CCD and onto the SD card.

What photo software are you using to display the original photo file from the camera?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Microsoft Picture Manager. That's all I have since I do not do much photography - these are pictures I copy to publish in magazine articles.

To be totally honest, I have never seen this issue, so I have no suggestions. I will "opt out" in case someone else has a reasonable solution.

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Can you take me a sample picture and share it with me so i can see what may be wrong with the picture. The picture must come directly of the camera without being processed in any computer software.