Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have a CANON TYPESTAR 10 typewriter which recently went

Customer Question

Have a CANON TYPESTAR 10 typewriter which recently went dead. I've checked the fuse(OK) and the board(looks OK to). Any IDEA?
Where can I buy new board: CANON NH1-0409-04 NG2-497
Thanks. **************
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have not rec'd ANY answer yet and paid for it. Please response ASAP.
THX
Your Username is: ***************
Your OrderID: 16085529-887
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question, and I regret that your question waited so long for a response.

There appears at a superficial examination, to be no source for that Canon typewriter board.

Do you have a volt meter? if so, testing whether the fuse is getting voltage at all, is a necessary thing, or very useful. IF the fuse is whole but not getting voltage, then something else in the primary power chain / wiring / plugs / connector(s), is defective, period. And you might not need the board, so much as some careful examination and very basic (and less expensive) repairs.

If you must have the board, I would say that either

- Canon USA themselves, *might* have it. Contacting them directly by phone would be advisable, to make sure they do or don't have that board to sell any more. (If your typewriter is over 5 years old, the chances are slim to none, I would guess... but calling them to find out would be advisable, for the last word on the subject.)

Canon's Customer Support # ***** general, is 1-800-OK-CANON. But they might need to transfer you to Parts.

- or, scanning craigslist.com for a typewriter of that sort, junked or damaged, or just plain in the Free category (being given away), and hoping to get a board from it, would be the other way to go.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks. (And rate my answer if / when you are done with this case, could you?) Good luck with it.