John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Sony VCR and VHS recording. Yesterday I switched

Customer Question

I have a Sony VCR for DVD and VHS recording. Yesterday I switched form Verizon to Time Warner. In speaking with a representative from Time Warner about why my software wasn't working, i.e., the command signal or the system preferences button. She suggested that I check to see whether the installation person had connected the plugs to the VCR. He hadn't. She suggested at the same time that I move from DVD 1 or 3 input to DVD 3. Everything froze. Rather than having any window coming up where I can pre-record or change the settings, all I get is a signal saying DVD 2 on the VCR. I've tried turning the machine on and off many times. Is there some button somewhere where I can reset the whole thing?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. It sounds like you have an AV receiver in the system. What is the model number of that receiver?