Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

My Nook HD, which is about 3 years old just started a setup

Customer Question

My Nook HD, which is about 3 years old just started a setup routine. Its asking me for my password, which I don't remember. I would like it to go back to where it was. Can you help me?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

If you still are prompted to sign in again, you will need to do so, and will have to reset your password ***** the next step. You can't create a new account under the same email address, but you can reset your password ***** it, and I'll guide you through that if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Nancy?