Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Having problem with the 5-CD changer.While playing from time

Customer Question

Having problem with the 5-CD changer.While playing from time to time makes scratsi noises. Can you help. Please let me hear from you.
****** *****
email: ******@***.***
Tel: * **** *** *****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The issue you're having, in most cases, is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).

Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.

First, unplug the Bose system cables from the changer to the main unit and disconnect the changer from power.

Wait a minute the reconnect the changer to the main unit and attempt to play a disc.

If the issue persists, then you can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

The next would be to use a can of compressed air and liberally spray into the disc slots to remove any dist or debris from the changer.

If these user fixes don't correct the issue, then in this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply.