Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

LogiTech Harmony 700 TV Remote - I replaced rechargeable

Customer Question

LogiTech Harmony 700 TV Remote - I replaced rechargeable batteries. Used to show batteries re-charging. Now, won't hold charge and when plugged to charger, it shows nothing, it's just black.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if you need to first examine the charger. Make sure the contacts are clean, the cord is not broken, nor stressed, nor strained cut or similarly damaged.

If the charger plugs in to the remote, then use a clean, dry old toothbrush to scrub out the jack on the remote.

If the remote mounts in a 'cradle' in the charger, then make sure (by wiping with a clean dry rag cloth) that the contacts aren't bent, or dirty.

After which... if no problem that can be seen is found with the charger (and, ideally, if the charger output when measured is up-to-specs in point of voltage produced at the contacts or plug), then your remote's charging circuitry, between the battery/batteries and the charger, is defective. Unfortunately that would mean a choice between replacing the remote, and having the remote serviced.